The World Barefoot Center is owned and operated by the two best Barefoot water skiers in the world, Keith St.Onge and David Small. The two currently own all three world records, and together have won 13 out of 16 gold medals at the last four World Championships.
Also helping run the school is Gary (Swampy) Bouchard. Swampy has coached KSO since he was 10 years old and coached many other young skiers to gold medals at national and world level. He is a head instructor at the school, and one of the best in the world. He was the 2009 U.S. Junior Team Coach, and even won the title of 2008 Developmental Coach of the Year! Come down to the school to catch a piece of his expert training and you will not be disappointed.
With a powerful team like this, this is the future of ski schools and instruction for beginners and experts alike!
At the school this season, you can be sure that all students will get the very best training on the very best conditions. Our leading world-class instructors, David, Keith, Swampy, and Jr. instructor A.J. Porreca are here to make sure you learn the skills you want, and learn them the right way.
This season was a great success for the team. Congratulations to all of our members for their 2009 accomplishments:
• KSO Winning the World Overall Title
• KSO winning the World Games in Taiwan
• David winning Jump at Worlds and World Games
• David winning the Europeans
• David controlling the World Record in Jump and Trick
• KSO controlling the slalom record with a pending World Trick record
• KSO winning his 10th U.S. National Championship
• AJ Porreca winning the Open Mens U.S. National Championship, and tricking 7,600
• Judy Myers receiving the Banana George Blair “Barefooter of the Year” award
• Judy Myers being the first Womens 7 competitor at the U.S. Nationals
• Swampy keeping everyone in check… priceless!!
And if you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out the new WBC website, featuring an online Pro shop and the all new WBCTV, a video compilation of the boys on the road, and all other current videos. There’s also a new Team WBC Sponsorship Program as well as a WBC Customer Loyalty Program on the way. This one-year membership will entitle you to a 15% discount on all equipment, pro shop items, AND SKIING. This is now the only ski school in the world that offers a discount on lessons. A Single membership costs only $69.99, and to get your whole family involved, you can buy a Family Membership for $99.99. We hope that this system will provide a break for our loyal customers and make the sport more affordable, giving it the opportunity to grow.
Sponsors: Evinrude, Vortex, HeadZone, Wheelhaus, US Gear, Gopals, Oki Wear