Tige 22V Limited
The Tige' 22V has a split personality: the Riders Edition is the mean, in-your-face wakeboarding machine, whereas the Limited tends to be a bit more family-friendly. Whatever model you choose, however, you'll be glad to know that you still get the mackin' wake-producing ConvexV hull, TAPS2 and the new Tige( all-composite stringer system.
This is really a luxurious boat. It's big, deep and spacious and it drives solidly. Seating is no problem, either – the same party that will be hanging on the 22V Riders Edition will feel just as comfortable in the Limited, since the space and storage are basically the same. Some of that comfort can be found on the rear engine hatch, which doubles as massive sun deck for lounging.
The new factory tower is solid and sturdy, and a ski pylon at the rear seat allows versatile multisport use. Other features include the new textured G&T 34-ounce four-way-stretch vinyl, textured nonskid inlays, a drivers seat with flip-up bolster and a new factory tower Bimini.
Expect recreational skiing behind wide wakes. It has typical V-drive performance, which is fine for longer line lengths and relaxed skiing. The boat leans more toward the wakeboarding family, so cutting through the wakes aggressively might be a bit abrupt.
For the best wakeboarding performance from the 22V Limited, we weighted the front of the boat with 1,500 pounds worth of ballast sacks and got the midship down using the TAPS2 adjustable wake plate. Because of the width of the wake, we found the best action at shorter line lengths. Take that rope in about five feet to be where the fun is. The family with wakeboarders in tow will definitely have a lot to smile about.
* A Limited graphics package and optional stainless-steel rub rail add to the slick appearance.
* Super-soft wraparound seating padded with triple-density high-grade foam.
* Inseparable monocoque hull and deck construction, Armorflex exotic anti-blistering gelcoat and triple hull fins.
* Tige offers the LifePlus replacement warranty on the construction for the life of the boat for the original owner.
* Wide: At 102 inches, it feels roomy and open, and the swim platform stretches nearly the whole way.