Tige 22V Riders Edition
Recommendation: Hard-core Wakeboard
Tige's premier riders boat – the 22V Riders Edition – is made for big wakes, and it delivers. The ConvexV hull and TAPS2 are designed to use natural hydrodynamics to create big wakes without ballast. Well, we decided to see what the optional factory ballast tanks and some extra weight thrown in for good measure would do. The result: Surging wakes. And the boat runs solid through the double-ups – a very deep boat. The swim platform, in a word, is huge! Good for tandem use if two people need to gear up simultaneously. And super-high gunwales make the world go 'round.
Standard features include a WaterBonnet curved glass windshield, bow and steer lighting, automatic bilge pump, stainless-steel hardware and fasteners, Teleflex rack-and-pinion steering and family-size storage throughout. The Riders Edition graphic package is also an eye-catcher, which means you'll be getting lots of attention. But not to worry; the storage, seating and space inside this baby can handle the party.
When it comes to wakeboarding behind the 22V Riders Edition, a long transition allows you to charge at it and also translates into a bigger landing zone. It's a serious wakeboard boat built for serious wakeboarders. The four-tank, 1,000-pound ballast system fills quickly and ramps up the wakes to where pro-level riders want them. The double-ups are big and juicy, but with a hint of softness. A convenient fold-down tower makes navigating canals with low-lying bridges easy. When fully loaded and all four ballast tanks are filled, this boat provides some of the best wake-surfing level wakes of any of the boats we've seen. So after your wakeboarding set, grab a wake surfer and challenge the 22V's macking waves.
* Tige 22V Riders Edition was the official tow boat of the 2002 U.S. Open.
* Premier wakes from Tige's premier wakeboard boat.
* World-class wake-surfing performance is among the best we've encountered.
* Advanced riders will want this boat fully loaded with ballast, so be mindful of making fluid turns.
* New Italian Dino steering wheel, gray ergonomic padded dash and silver-faced Faria gauges make for an attractive and comfortable interior.
* We recommend upgrading from the standard engine if you will consistently be using the boat fully loaded.