Centurion Enzo SV 230
With the Enzo SV 230, Centurion marries the muscle of a 23-foot-long, 102-inch-wide boat and the optional 8.1-liter MerCruiser engine with the panache of Ferrari-inspired styling.
In its second model year, the Enzo still looks ahead of its time. The wide, flared bow with pronounced center ridge echoes the nose of the Enzo Ferrari sports car. The gunwales sweep downward at the transom almost to the level of the swim platform, creating an illusion of movement even when the Enzo is docked. The stainless steel rub rail hugs the lines of the boat. Angled mesh vent covers alongside the stern punctuate the sweet look, for all on the lake to envy.
Those curves aren't the only story here. Inside, the Enzo has so much passenger space that the wraparound lounge is truly wraparound — forming a G-shaped bench when most boats only have room for an L-shape. Fully outfitted, the Enzo is a fast, fashionable party that celebrates wakeboarding.
The Enzo produced huge wakes that would have even pros smiling big. A smooth transition with a kicky lip boosts riders over a fairly wide table to soft landing zones. The Enzo's wake was a test team favorite in the Centurion lineup. We don't have a wake surfing category (yet), but as the official tow boat of the 2004 World Wake Surfing Championships, the Enzo proved it can pump up oceanlike wave faces close to the boat. Of course, the optional Sideswipe exhaust system directs fumes to either side, away from the wake surfer.
• Artistry is at work here in the Ferrari-like flares and sweeps of the Enzo.
• Wraparound lounge really wraps around, all the way from the bow walkway to just behind the swiveling driver's seat.
• Extra-big open bow seats three comfortably.
• Worthy of the full tricked-out treatment with the optional 8.1-liter engine, powerful stereo, tower speakers and more.
• Optional Sideswipe exhaust system elevates this to a world-class wake-surfing boat.
• You don't have to get this boat in sports-car red, but you should.
Top Speed 43 mph 5,100 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 6.9 sec. 173.2 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 9.6 sec. 300.7 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 65 D 65 R, 36 mph 90 D 91 R
Length 23 ft. Beam 102 in.
Seating Capacity 12
Fuel Capacity 46 gal.
Test Prop Acme 13 x 17.5 4-blade
Test Engine MerCruiser Black Scorpion 5.7L, 330 HP