Air Nautique 206 Team
This direct-drive is the smallest model in the Air Nautique lineup, a good choice if you're just dipping your feet in the wakeboarding water. The Air 206 actually leans more to the skiing side, since underneath its wakeboarding features it's the Ski 206, complete with the wake-suppressing TSC2 hull.
But with more and more skiers and their families bringing the wakeboards along to the lake, the nimble 206 delivers something for every water sport. With a towline attached to the Flight Control Tower instead of the standard ski pylon, the rear bench seat becomes a great place to kick back, as is the cushy open bow. From the butterfly trunk at the stern to the bow compartments, Correct Craft has carved out as much storage as possible. Recessed grab rails and cup holders are everywhere for the passengers, and the driver gets a terrific digital dash with big gauges and at-your-fingertips controls. The Team package piles on even more killer features. If this is your first wakeboarding boat, you'll be instantly spoiled.
This is a tournament-worthy ski boat if you don't treat it like a wakeboarding boat. The wakes are tiny and pillowy, whether you're an intermediate skier at 15 off or you're shortening up the line and speeding up the boat to the most advanced level.
Fill up the 200-pound rear ballast tank and get all your family onboard to wake up these ski wakes. This is a great boat for beginning riders looking for wakes not overwhelmingly steep or huge. There's a nice little lip, the transitions are mellow, and the small double-ups are clean. Even when the boat is weighted down, the responsiveness is outstanding, with quick turns.
• Serious skiers interested in not-so-serious wakeboarding should check out the Air 206.
• The same TSC2 hull from Correct Craft's hard-core slalom boats provides excellent skiing performance.
• Wakeboarding wakes cater to beginners looking to become intermediate riders.
• Fully outfitted with the Team package, it has wakeboarding features including a tower, 200-pound rear ballast tank, Perfect Pass, Clarion stereo upgrade and more.
• Enjoy the smooth, soft ride through choppy water and double-ups.
Top Speed 45.0 mph 4,950 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 4.9 sec. 118.0 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 6.4 sec. 193.0 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 61 D 63 R, 36 mph 88 D 90 R
Length 20 ft. 7.5 in. Beam 91 in.
Seating Capacity 9
Fuel Capacity 29 gal.
Test Prop Acme 12.5 x 15.5 4-blade
Test Engine PCM Excalibur 5.7L, 330 HP