Nautique Super Sport 210
While other Nautique models cater to extreme water-sports enthusiasts, the Super Sport 210 Limited targets the mainstream. It's a do-everything V-drive that is a major step up in performance for anyone stuck in the stern-drive world.
This 210 puts a premium on seating and storage, with big L-shaped benches in the middle of the boat and a comfortable open bow. Families will find plenty of compartments for their gear and incidentals, whether in the two 15-cubic-foot trunks under the sun pad, the under-the-bow area or the in-floor locker close to the driver. A 25-cubic-foot cooler in the main lounge comes with a removable insert and four cup holders, all the makings for a cocktail party or a picnic when teamed up with the optional table. The 91-inch beam stands out in today's market of 100-plus-inch beams. Still, with friends and family aboard, the 210 offers a smooth, stable ride for a weekend of pure fun.
As V-drives go, the Super Sport 210 is a good one to ski behind. The wakes are a touch big, but they're fairly manageable for aggressive open-water carving. For intermediate skiers at 15 off at boat speeds of 30 to 32 mph, the performance is definitely respectable and worth taking a test set at your nearest dealer.
If a day of cruising and skiing isn't enough for you, and you're itching for some wakeboarding thrills, outfit this 210 with the optional 820-pound ballast, or make sure you invite plenty of friends to pack the interior. Either way, it will help amplify the wakes, though you'll have to get the Flight Control Tower to really take to the air.
• The Super Sport 210 goes after the boat-buying masses interested in a nimble V-drive with versatile water-sports performance.
• Tracking is impressive for a V-drive, as are the quick responsiveness and solid ride through chop.
• Open bow alone has lots of storage, grab rails, cup holders and speakers.
• Driver's console is comfortable and user-friendly.
• Three-piece sun pad lifts up for access to two storage trunks and the PCM engine.
• Limited package includes keyless ignition, depth finder and satellite-ready Clarion CD stereo.
Top Speed 47.4 mph 5,050 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 4.6 sec. 113.9 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 5.9 sec. 177.2 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 56 D 57 R, 36 mph 88 D 90 R
Length 21 ft. 2 in. Beam 91 in.
Seating Capacity 10
Fuel Capacity 39 gal.
Test Prop Acme 13.25 x 16.0 4-blade
Test Engine PCM Excalibur 5.7L,