Ski Nautique 206 Team
With the Ski Nautique 206 Team, you can go for a serious slalom set at dawn with your ski buddy. Then once the kids wake up, have the family climb aboard for some more relaxed skiing. That's the perfect way to use this 206. Correct Craft took the celebrated 196 and opened up the bow while extending the length by about a foot to create extra room for family and friends.
The bow becomes the place to hang out, with a removable filler cushion and comfy seating, plus grab rails and cup holders. The walk-through has an in-floor 3.8-cubic-foot cooler and a flip-up seat back that extends the observer's seat. Just as in the 196, the driver's console is first-rate, with a digital dash, an adjustable chair and the throttle control exactly where you want it. The butterfly trunk lid has mesh bags on the underside. The keyless ignition, Perfect Pass, ski racks and all the other upgrades in the Team package give even more reasons for you to say, “Sweet!”
The big question with the 206 is how close does it get to the practically perfect ski performance of the 196? The answer: very.
Thanks to the TSC2 hull designed in part by the ultimate slalom expert, Andy Mapple, the wakes are extremely soft and crossable with a minuscule size that's truly world class. Spray is minimal at short line lengths, and the 22-off bump is only a slight one. Intermediate skiers at 15 off going 30 to 32 mph will be hard-pressed to find a better wake. The handling is as phenomenal as ever — a solid ride with an impeccable turning radius. The 206 is ready for your next serious set, or even your next tournament.
• Bow opened, length stretched, the Ski Nautique 206 is the serious ski boat that can accommodate the family.
• TSC2 slalom hull works nearly as beautifully here as it does on the 196.
• Walk-through has fold-down observer's seat and dual-access cooler.
• Storage in the trunk and bow accommodates all the family's gear.
• Fit and finish throughout are top-notch.
• Among the boatload of features in the Team package are Perfect Pass, Clarion stereo upgrade, keyless ignition and a 200-pound ballast tank.
Top Speed 45.5 mph 4,900 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 4.4 sec. 105.5 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 5.9 sec. 175.1 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 60 D 64 R, 36 mph 87 D 93 R
Length 20 ft. 7.5 in. Beam 91 in.
Seating Capacity 9
Fuel Capacity 29 gal.
Test Prop Acme 12.5 x 15.5 4-blade
Test Engine PCM Excalibur 5.7L, 330 HP