Supra Launch 22 SSV Gravity Edition
Until the new Launch 24 muscled it aside, the Launch 22 SSV was Supra's ultimate V-drive wakeboarding machine. But just because the spotlight now shines on its bigger brother doesn't mean the 22 SSV has lost any of its luster.
Beyond the special color schemes and hull logos that make this a Gravity edition, there are the high-end wakes, but there's also the rear bench that easily converts to rear-facing seating for watching the rider's moves. The Supra appointments are just as high-end, with cushy upholstery, soft carpet and gleaming stainless-steel accents.
During breaks in the wakeboarding action, the boat has plenty of places to chill, on the three-piece sun pad, in the wraparound lounge or relaxing in the playpen. Stow the gear in the in-floor storage locker or the rear compartments or the tower's swivel board racks or anywhere.
Riders easily see where the name “Launch” comes from when they take off from these wakes, which have great shape and a lot of kick. Good thing there's a very long landing zone waiting for you. Pro wakeboarders have pushed the limits of this boat, but it's not too intimidating for beginners to get behind it on a shorter rope — with the Gravity III ballast system and hydraulic wake plate adjusted accordingly. When you have a hankering to launch off double-ups, the 22 SSV has the nimbleness to make a tight turn and the beefiness to power through the swells.
• A premier wakeboarding boat that has earned its stripes in the Gravity Games.
• The standard ballast system includes one bag in the front, two in the rear.
• Tower has been redesigned with modified mooring and cockpit covers to accommodate it.
• Take your pick of a walk-through or playpen setup for the bow.
• Stereo can blast CDs, MP3s and Sirius satellite radio.
• Versatile seating includes double-up flip-up seats and convertible rear bench.
Top Speed 47.7 mph 5,000 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 5.0 sec. 118 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 6.5 sec. 192 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 60 D 61 R, 36 mph 84 D 90 R
Length 21 ft. 8 in. Beam 95 in.
Seating Capacity 10
Fuel Capacity 40 gal.
Test Prop OJ 13.7 x 17.5 4-blade
Test Engine Indmar Assault 5.7L, 340 HP