Direct-drive performance coupled with lots of space and crowd comforts give the 21i multisport versatility that makes it a family favorite. The hull's size and 30-degree deep-V design provide solid handling in rough conditions and through double-ups. With its deep freeboard, the entire crew will feel secure.
We're impressed with the fit and finish of this sporty boat. Inside, the ample walk-around space and snap-out carpeting add to the snazzy interior lines. The driver's visibility is nothing short of perfect. Seat adjustments are easy, with the captain's chair having plenty of lumbar support.
The rear seat in the 21i has unique functionality — it can be turned around so five passengers can face the action on the water in Skybox seating. People riding in the open bow will enjoy the contours of the seats that form to the curvature of the back and also lift up for spacious storage space. This proven design for Tigé will continue to please families looking for a versatile boat with roominess and luxury.
We enjoyed using TAPS2 at the 1.5 setting to customize and soften the wakes for our set. Finding the right setting for you is the first step to tapping the skiing potential of this 21i. The second is shortening the line length. By the time we got to 28 and 32 off, the wakes had significantly diminished from the fun recreational level to almost tournament-worthy.
The ConvexV hull and TAPS2 allow you to easily cross over to wakeboarding from skiing. When we rode the wakes, we could picture beginning and intermediate riders alike spending a killer weekend launching off the rampy swells that build to peaky lips. Adding a tower and loading on a ballast system would make it that much more of a serious wakeboarding machine.
• The 102-inch beam creates extra interior space that you just don't see in a 21-foot direct-drive.
• Throttle positioning is good, but the armrest could actually go back a little more.
• Engineered reversible rear seating shifts weight and provides a great view of the wakeboarding action.
• In the open bow, the carpet is removable, grab rails are plenteous, legroom is abundant and drink holders are oversized.
• The gull-wing rear storage locker is massive.
• Tige offers the LifePlus Lifetime Replacement Warranty as a bold statement of faith in its products' quality.
Top Speed 45.8 mph 5,000 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 5.0 sec. 122.9 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 6.7 sec. 204.3 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 62 D 62 R, 36 mph 91 D 95 R
Length 21 ft. 4 in. Beam 102 in.
Seating Capacity 10
Fuel Capacity 36 gal.
Test Prop Acme 13 x 12 3-blade
Test Engine GM Marine Power 5.7L, 340 HP