For Tigé, the 22i is the premier direct-drive wakeboarding machine in its lineup. Beyond the performance, we marveled at the interior space stretching across an industry-leading 102-inch beam. No boat has more room around the engine box. Tigé complements ample walk-around space with a fresh seating configuration different from typical direct-drive layouts. It features a rear-engine seat, side seats and a huge observer's seat that provide luxury comfort—and no one misses the action on the water.
So that you can be a part of that action, Tigé uses a convenient step-up over the rear seat that leads to a mega-size platform, so putting on your equipment doesn't get much easier.
Tigé has three graphics packages available for '05, and the West Coast Edition we tested is looking hotter than ever. It has the attitude of a true wakeboarding machine with its distinctive lines and racy billet aluminum touches. And it's not all talk. It's a legit direct-drive hard-core wakeboarding machine that really entertained our crew of pro-level riders with substantial wakes.
For wakeboarders who don't like to hassle with adding ballast, Tigé promotes its ConvexV hull and TAPS2 plate for producing and sculpting wakes on their own. Of course, you can still add weight (we did), but you don't necessarily have to. We created wakes that were extremely meaty with good kick off the top, suitable for intermediate and pro riders alike. And what's better is that the TAPS2 system makes for easy wake-changing. Customized wakes come with a simple push of a button on the throttle knob. This boat has world-class tracking, so big riders who load hard into the wakes won't pull it out of line. It also mows through double-ups with authority. Load in and expect some legendary wakeboarding behind this crowd-pleaser. It can change the way you view direct-drive wake performance.
• This boat had one of the best direct-drive wakeboarding wakes in our tests.
• In its size class, the beam is as wide as you'll find in this guide — a very roomy 102 inches.
• Standard with Faria analog instrumentation, including speedometers, digital depth finder and air/water temperature gauge.
• The Power Premium stereo upgrade includes Clarion marine CD audio (Sirius-compatible), component tweeters and midrange speakers, power amps, subwoofer, driver remote and component tower speakers.
• Tige offers the LifePlus Lifetime Replacement Warranty on the construction for the life of the boat for the original owner.
Top Speed 45.1 mph 4,900 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 5.2 sec. 125.7 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 6.9 sec. 208.7 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 59 D 62 R, 36 mph 88 D 94 R
Length 21 ft. 8 in. Beam 102 in.
Seating Capacity 10
Fuel Capacity 47 gal.
Test Prop Acme 13 x 12 3-blade
Test Engine GM Marine Power 5.7L, 340 HP