Tigé Switch V
The Switch V shares the same hull as the Tigé 20V, so quick turnarounds and acceleration, not to mention sporty handling and responsiveness, are the name of the game. It's nimble, solid and a great value for the buck. This V's out-of-the-hole strength is another one of its calling cards.
The crowd will like the all-new upholstery, the two coolers (one under the passenger seat and one behind the driver), spacious room for congregating, large molded swim platform and very good storage for a 20-foot boat. Lots of space under the consoles and in the rear allow for stowage of equipment.
The driver's seat is comfortable and has a full swivel that allows access to the basic, yet functional, gauge package. The throttle is positioned well. Overall, the Switch V earns a spot on your “must test drive” list if you're shopping for your first water-sports boat.
When we test some V-drives, the skiers on our team are scared to get out their slalom stick. That wasn't the case with the Switch V. In our sets, the ski wakes proved that you can enjoy an aggressive slalom pull behind a V. The wakes were somewhat soft, but with a noticeable trough on the backside. This is one of few V-drive hulls on the market approved by USA Water Ski.
We saw a great wake shape with moderate size for advancing intermediates, very similar to the performance of the 20V. The shape can be peaky or mellow depending on the driver and, of course, the TAPS2 adjustment. Both wakeboarding and skiing can be had behind this very versatile boat.
• A nimble V-drive great for first-time inboard buyers.
• Sharing a hull with the 20V, the Switch V is a wakeboard boat first, but easily shifts to skiing.
• A functional, comfortable swivel chair for the driver.
• There's plenty of headroom up front, but the tower and board racks can obstruct the view.
• At 20 feet long, the boat carves out as much storage and seating space as possible.
• Heavy-duty marine-grade 12-volt battery, stainless-steel hardware and fasteners, and a packless shaft-seal system.
Top Speed 45.9 mph 5,400 rpm
Accel. to 30 mph 4.4 sec. 104.8 ft.
Accel. to 36 mph 5.8 sec. 174 ft.
Noise Levels (db) Neutral 69 D 72 R, 36 mph 90 D 89 R
Length 20 ft. 6 in. Beam 96 in.
Seating Capacity 8
Fuel Capacity 30 gal.
Test Prop Acme 13.5 x 16 4-blade
Test Engine GM Marine Power 5.7L, 340 HP